Wednesday, November 11, 2009

COW! Simply Clean Beverly

http://www.simplycleanbeverly.com
The very first company of the week is my very own Simply Clean of Beverly Hills. This is a mobile car washing service that guarantees punctuality, satisfaction, and use of less than five gallons of water to wash an entire car. I founded the company about two months ago and I have already established a substantial clientele and turned my investment into profit.

I believe this was a successful company because of these three reasons: Marketing, the service provided, and timing.

Marketing
I knew that the location that I was advertising too expected high quality services. And no matter how posh my products were or even how professional my employees were. I knew that if my marketing wasn't of a higher class I wouldn't establish any customers. I spent a marginal amount of money and ordered the highest quality business cards I could find.

Then to save money and to raise awareness asap I went door to door promoting my new business and left them with a business card. I offered to wash their cars for five dollars for every customers first time with me. This got me about 200 car washes. Out of these customers over 50 have called me back on a regular basis since then ranging from once a month to once a week.

Service Provided
My service was not one of a kind, but it was one of few, and it was offered at a better-than-competitive price. I offered a "green" car wash. This is a wash that only requires 3 gallons of water and is just as effective as a traditional wash. Also we guaranteed that the car would be washed in less than 25 minutes or your money back. This was attractive to customers because a lot of our clients were busy people and relied on our convenience. We washed cars at less than 75% of our top competitors price.

Timing
In southern California a drought has been in effect for a while now. There have been many water regulations set in place and it has prevented many car owners from being able to wash their cars at home. Also the green movement is a trend that has over taken america (especially the financially ummm... "fortunate"). I knew that if I could promote the green aspect of my company that I would establish a very loyal customer base. And I was very right. Most of our consistent customers are owners of the hybrid Toyota Prius!

So far we have washed over 450 cars and our clientele is booming. This is why I have decided to name this company as our COW (company of the week). Please take this as motivation to start your own business! Now let me hear what you think guys.

Thanks for Reading!
http://www.simplycleanbeverly.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey thats a great idea!
    I have always wanted to do something like this. Start my own business that provides a service rather than a product. I am happy to hear that it worked out for you. And i am excited to hear about this blog because i have all sorts of ideas that i would like to get so feedback on. The only consultants out there are rich guys who dont remember what its like to be on the ground level. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete